When others go to bed, the best photographers know that evening and night time represent some of the best opportunities to create amazing photographs. This night photography course will leave you in awe of the fantastic pictures that you will be able to easily create. We teach you the most effective ways to take crystal clear city night photos, pictures of the moon and stars, and even how to capture the northern lights.
We even go one step further and bring fun tools to work with during our nighttime class. These toys include vintage flash bulbs, torches, sparklers and a whole host of other fantastic photographic tools to help you create and personalize your pictures. Ever wonder how to write your name on the photo without actually being there? Come and visit us and we’ll show you just how easy it can be.
The Night Photography course unleashes an amazing new world of possibilities for the avid photographer. We apologize for you not getting enough sleep after this course but you can thank us for the stunning images that you capture later :).
COST: $245+GST – Buy a Package and Save
TIME & LOCATION:
– Time: 8pm – 12am (April – October only. Please contact us for winter dates / options).
– Location: Sien Lok Park (address Riverfront Avenue & 1 Street Southwest). Meet at the Memorial Cone in the park.
– An incredible walking tour of the city at night.
– 4 to 5 hours of personalized tuition plus hours of support through our Alumni Group & Events
– The coolest Night Photography tips ever!
– Course notes
– Small class sizes (capped at 10) AND
– Endless ongoing support.
– Camera Requirements: You will need a camera that has a “manual mode”. So a full DSLR, or a bridge camera, or a mirrorless camera is fine. You do not need to have detachable lenses. What if I don’t have a camera? We can rent you one for the day for free – just let us know and we’ll make sure we put one in for you!
– Knowledge Requirements:For this course, we ask that our participants have either taken Digital I, or have equivalent knowledge. The question we will ask you is how comfortable you are using “Manual” mode. If the answer is “pretty comfortable” and you know how to manipulate your aperture, ISO and shutter speed then we would say you will be able to get the most out of this course. If not, then we’d probably recommend beginning at Digital I. The foundations of photography are essential so we want to make sure you’re comfortable with this before moving on.
– Instructors: Learn more about our incredible instructors here.
– What to bring: Camera (with one lens), tripod, shutter release (optional, but very handy), a flashlight, bottle of water, fully charged camera battery (and a spare if you have one), an empty memory card (you’ll be taking HUNDREDS of photos through the evening), incredibly warm clothing (yes, it can get pretty cold out there!).
– Ongoing support: We pride ourselves on providing the very best ongoing support in the industry. This means that any time of day or night we will be available to answer your questions. Forgot what aperture you need to get a beautiful depth of field – drop us an email or give us a call and we’ll walk you through it again. We’re here to help you figure this out!
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
– How to take awesome photographs at night – what else really matters??
– Long exposures
– Low light photography
– Flash modes
– Night portraits
– Photographing the moon and stars
– Light painting
– Light writing