Take the next step in your photographic journey with our specially designed Digital III course! Join us as we take-on nature and travel through the mountains focussing on Landscape & Travel Photography. Keeping on the theme of incredible locations, this course will take place in Banff. We will be visiting a handful of the world’s most outstanding viewpoints and photographic locations in this jewel of the Rocky Mountains.
From time to time we will take the course to other spectacular locations such as Sunshine Meadows, The Bow Valley Parkway and Lake Louise. Stay tuned for these one-off locations or get in touch with us to put in your request!
Our Digital III course is truly a Learn Photography Canada premier product combining everything that makes our courses so great: brilliant locations, great teaching, friendly relaxed atmosphere, and most importantly, photography skills for photos worth framing!
Let us roll out the red carpet and treat you to an incredible, first class mountain experience.
COURSE COST: $245+GST – Buy a Package & SAVE!
Sunday, April 30th
Saturday, May 13th
Sunday, June 11th
Saturday, July 29th
Saturday, August 19th
LOCATION & TIME:
– Time: 9am – 4:00pm
– Location: Banff. We will be meeting in the carpark at the Travel Alberta Canmore Visitor Information Centre just off the main Highway in Canmore. We will be car-pooling from here (so you won’t need a park pass either).
– Equipment: For this course you will need your camera, lenses (a wide angle is a great addition if you have one), and a tripod. Please also bring any filters you may have (so polarizing, neutral density, graduated etc). We can rent you a tripod for the day if you need – just let us know! Don’t forget to charge your battery and empty your memory card before you come!
– Knowledge Requirements: Digital I and Digital II (preferred). The foundations of photography are essential so we want to make sure you’re comfortable with this before moving on. Give us a call if you’re not sure!
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
– Perspective (where to stand, what lenses to use)
– Composition (foreground / background balance, wide angles, zooming, colour)
– Moving water (shutter speed, filters)
– Macro (flowers!)
– Animals (motion, lenses) and yes, this is somewhat dependant on us actually seeing animals
– Light (time of day, sunstarring, is it worth it to take the shot at all?)
– Panoramas (camera setup)
– Buildings in Landscapes (how to capture size)
– People in Landscapes (what to focus on, how to expose properly)
– Some editing tips & tricks (we will have our computer with Lightroom loaded for a few tips & tricks at the end of the day)