On this page you can find many answers to your questions about how to best prepare for your course, locations and what to expect.
Please read all details carefully!
- Make sure your batteries are charged as we will be taking lots of photos during the course. Also bring your spare battery(if you have one) and your charger as there are a few times when you can charge your battery during the course.
- Clear your memory card so that you have lots of space for pictures during the day.
- You will not need a tripod for this course.
- Bring at least one lens for this course. Although only one lens is required, bring all of your favourites so you can try them out through the day! If you have one, bring a single-focus lens.
- We will be providing lunch and snacks so make sure to let us know at least 24 hours in advance of any dietary restrictions you have.
- A set of course notes and quick reference guide are provided at the end of your course. If you wish, bring extra paper and pen to take notes.
- We will begin at the Farm Museum located in Fort Langley at 9131 King St at 10am. Meet in the front of the building and we will all go in together. Your class will finish at 4 pm at the same location.
- The majority of the course is indoors however dress appropriately for conditions as we may be outside as well. This includes warm or water repellent clothing, hats, sunglasses, sunscreen, bug-spray and other possible requirements. Watch out for the possible course cancellation approximately 24 hours in advance to the start of the course. You can find our weather cancellation policy in the terms and conditions located here.
- There is ample parking at the location
The Next Generation Digital II
- See basic notes from Digital I photography.
- Locations: This course will take place at the Farm Museum in Fort Langley at 9131 King St at 10 AM. Meet in the front of the building and we will all go in together. Your class will finish at 4 PM at the same location.
- There is ample free parking on site.
- If you have a tripod or external flash please bring these. You do not need them to participate in the class but we can use these later in the day.
- You will need a tripod for this class. Please either purchase one or organize to rent one.
- Please bring an external flash if you have one.
- Snacks are provided on course. We recommend that you have dinner before the session. Please let us know if you have any dietary requirements.
- Please bring at least one flashlight. A head torch may be a good substitute or both is even better.
- Please bring a tripod and external flash if you have one. If you do not, these are not requirements.
- Bring pictures of portraits that you would like to emulate. We will work on reproducing these throughout the class.
- If you have any external lights, please bring these as well.
- You will need to bring your own laptop with Lightroom loaded on. You can receive a 30-day free trial from Adobe here
- Please bring a computer charger to this class.
- An external keyboard or mouse may be useful but not necessary.
- Consider bringing a picture(s) that you would like to edit. We can work on this at the end of the class.
Each week we upload a selection of work from our photography students.